A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
'Moreau' is a beat-em-up based on the classic novel "The Island of Doctor Moreau" by H.G. Wells (public domain).
This demo allows you to play through the first three stages of the game in Normal difficulty.
You can listen to & get a copy of the original soundtrack on Bandcamp.
- Game Design, Development, Art & Music by Kenn Stollery-Jones
- Character Design by Janina Joves
- Game Design by Bekki Broughton
- Soundtrack by the Australian Institute of Music Games Ensemble (Trimester 2, 2018)
- Choice of male or female protagonist
- Special moves
- Player transformations
- Original vector-style graphics
- Original music
The "web demo" version is the smallest download and is cross-platform compatible. To run, unzip and open "index.html" in any web browser other than Google Chrome.
- Play instructions appear in-game
- Keyboard and Controller supported
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Brief clip showcasing the following features...
- Secondary attack (human form) : Wave a lit torch around to scare enemies off a little
- Destructible props
- Using pickups to transform
- 1st Beastfolk form; the Ox
- secondary attack (Ox form) : Stampede to damage all enemies
Use "run"+"attack" to activate transformation after getting both pickups in the first stage.